Wrongful Death Lawyers in Mesquite, Texas
Call (800) 863-5312 to Speak with a Mesquite Wrongful Death Lawyer for Free
In the United States, car accidents are caused by careless, negligent, or distracted drivers all the time. Did you lose a loved one because of a car accident, workplace injury, or medical malpractice? Do you know that more than 90,000 deaths occur each year due to medical malpractice alone? Or that nearly 33,000 deaths result from motor vehicle accidents?
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence or willful act of another, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a free consultation with an experienced and compassionate wrongful death attorney in Mesquite.
Causes of Wrongful Death
The leading causes of wrongful death in Texas are:
- Car accidents
- Drunk driving
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Unsafe premises
- Child abuse
- Nursing home or elder abuse
Compensation Available in Wrongful Death Cases
If a person dies because of the wrongful act of another, then the heirs and beneficiaries have a right to sue for:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Non-economic damages to compensate for the loss of love, society and companionship
- Pain and suffering experienced by the decedent prior to his/her death
- Payment for future services normally provided by your loved one
- Loss of future income
- Compensation for property damage when applicable
- Punitive damages if criminal negligence was involved
A wrongful death claim will serve to hold the person or corporation accountable for the loss of your loved one. It will also serve to compensate your family for their loss. And while we know that money will never replace the love, care and support that you received from your loved one, and it will never fill the void that has been left in your life, it can serve to hold the offending party accountable for the death of your loved one.
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim
The nationwide wrongful death attorneys at Zinda Law Group will help you to understand what your legal rights are and the options that are available to you. If you lost a loved one due to negligence or carelessness, our firm will help you get through the legal process as smoothly as possible. When filing claim, our team of legal professionals will help you get paid for your losses.
- Medical expenses: This includes medical bills, hospitalization costs, reconstructive surgery when needed, rehabilitation expenses, future medical costs, prescription expenses, and the cost of medical equipment.
- Monetary damages: This includes property damage, lost wages, and future lost earnings.
- Non-economic damages: This includes pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and emotional or psychological distress.
Loss of Consortium Claims
If your parent or loved one died due to carelessness, neglect or abuse, you may have a claim for wrongful death including the loss of consortium. The term “loss of consortium” refers to the emotional sadness or depression that a person can experience when an immediate family member (spouse or children) have been injured or killed – and loss of consortium claims are compensable rights. These claims compensate for:
- The loss of society, affection, comfort and care you received from your loved one;
- The love and solace you they gave;
- The moral support, protection, and assistance they gave to you; and
- The conjugal fellowship, marital compatibility, and companionship you enjoyed.
Our Mesquite Wrongful Death Attorneys Will Fight for Your Family
At Zinda Law Group, our Texas wrongful death lawyers know the tremendous emotional and financial burdens that come with losing a loved one. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you build the strongest case possible and pursue the maximum compensation and justice you deserve under the law.
Our firm also operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your wrongful death case. That’s our No Fee Guarantee.
If you have lost a loved one, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 for a free consultation with one of our skilled Mesquite wrongful death lawyers. M
eetings with attorneys are available by appointment only.