Car Accident Wrongful Death Lawyers
Call (800) 863-5312 for a Free Consultation with a Car Accident Wrongful Death Attorney
Each year, more than 30,000 families will lose a loved one in a fatal car accident. These incidents are always devastating, and the grief and feelings of loss that accompany the death are hard enough. In addition to the emotional pain, many families will struggle with the financial implications of the death, which is why it may be in their best interest to seek help from experienced car accident wrongful death lawyers.
It is crucial that the survivors of deceased car accident victims select a wrongful death attorney who has experience in the field and who will seek compensation for all damages related to the loss. This will generally include recovering compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and much more.
If your family member has been killed in a car accident, it is important that you make the informed decisions that will best serve you and your family. You need to understand the process necessary to protect your rights as related to the wrongful death of your loved one so that you can take the appropriate actions as soon as possible after the accident.
Call Zinda Law Group today at (800) 863-5312 for a free case evaluation with experienced and compassionate car accident wrongful death lawyers.
Types of Damages from a Wrongful Death Car Accident
If your loved one was killed by the negligent or reckless behavior of another driver, you may be entitled to damages. When one typically thinks of compensation, they are considering economic damages, which help compensate family members for all the ways the death has cost them financially.
Some examples of economic damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of benefits
- Property damage
- Care of a child
Many factors are considered when calculating the overall financial loss, including the decedent’s age, life expectancy, earning capacity, and other benefits that his or her loved ones might have reasonably expected to receive had he or she lived.
Another type of compensation is known as non-economic damagse, which compensate family members for types of intangible losses that extend beyond just financial.
A few types of non-economic damages include:
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Loss of care, protection, guidance, training, advice, and nurturing
In addition, there is a third type of damages called exemplary damage, also known as punitive damages. These types of damages are awarded to punish the wrongdoer and to prevent future misconduct.
Statute of Limitations
Every state sets a specific time limit on the amount of time you are allowed to file a wrongful death claim. This is known as the statute of limitations. If you fail to file your wrongful death suit within this time frame, you risk forever losing the right to do so.
Many families understandably hold off pursuing legal action while they grieve for the loss of their loved one. However, it is often the case that by the time they family is ready to take action, the statute of limitations has already lapsed. This is why it is important to consult with experienced car accident wrongful death lawyers who can advise you on how best to proceed for your wrongful death claim.
Protecting the Rights of a Fatal Car Accident Victim’s Family
There are several important factors to consider in protecting the rights of the family members of a fatal car accident victim. These include:
- Police investigation: The police will provide an initial opinion as to negligence in the fatal car accident. Unfortunately, your loved one is no longer present to provide his or her account of the accident. Police can wrongfully blame the victim for an accident, and it may be necessary for your attorney to employ an accident reconstruction expert to fully examine the crash.
- Secure records: It is important that your car accident wrongful death attorney secure all relevant records as soon as possible after the accident. This may include witness statements, medical records, and much more.
- Insurance company response: The insurance company may aggressively attempt to force an early settlement to avoid far larger liability. Your wrongful death lawyer should be well-versed in dealing with forceful insurers.
- Witness statements: As time passes, witness recollections can fade or become less accurate. As such, it is critical that your wrongful death attorney gather witness statements as soon as possible after the accident so that their accuracy is without a doubt.
Our Car Accident Wrongful Death Lawyers Can Help
At Zinda Law Group, our nationwide wrongful death lawyers have helped countless families after losing a loved one in a car accident. We have the knowledge and resources necessary to help you pursue the maximum compensation available under the law, and we are dedicated to showing you care and compassion throughout your case and beyond.
Our car accident wrongful death lawyers will aggressively fight for your full wrongful death award, including lost income and savings, emotional pain and suffering, psychological counseling, and loss of companionship.
We also work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will pay nothing unless we achieve a favorable settlement, judgment, or verdict for your wrongful death case.
If you have lost a loved one in a car accident due to the negligence of another, call Zinda Law Group at (800) 863-5312 to receive your free consultation with one of our skilled car accident wrongful death lawyers.
Meetings with attorneys by appointment only.